SEAS 2024 will be held April 24, 2024 from 5-8 pm, at The Academies of Loudoun.
The Loudoun Student Environmental Action Showcase (SEAS) is an annual event where individual students, green/eco-action teams, environmental clubs and youth groups are invited to inspire their community by sharing their work on reducing waste, conserving energy, conducting citizen science, improving water quality, preserving natural habitat and other sustainability-minded projects in their schools and communities. SEAS is a place to express your environmental connection!
The purpose of Loudoun SEAS is to amplify youth voices in environmental problem solving by showcasing to a real-world audience how students have meaningfully contributed to environmental stewardship in Loudoun County.
Participation is open to all K-12 students in Loudoun County representing public and private schools, homeschoolers and members of community-based youth organizations such as 4-H clubs and Scout troops. Community partners will provide hands-on learning activities and showcase career and volunteer opportunities.
Student exhibitors from SEAS 2023 included:
• Be the Change!
• Choose Trees Choose Life
• Development of a Novel Method of Aquatic PFAS Detection Through the Use of Benthic Macroinvertebrates
• The Environmental Crisis: A Call to Action
• Environmental Impact of Grass Versus Other Native Plants
• Growing Crops All Year Long: Hydroponic Gardening
• Impacts of Road Salt on Local Streams
• Indy UNICEF’s Recycling Project
• Investigation of Diatoms in a Freshwater Waterway of Loudoun County
• Nature Journaling at Farmwell Station Middle School with the Young Naturalist Club
• Picking Up Loudoun
• Remediation of Algae Growth Through a Mobile Hypolimnetic Oxygenation System
• Stream Signage on the W&OD Trail
• Sustainability at Loudoun Valley High School with the LVHS Green Team Club
• Take 2
• The Use of Machine Learning in Mitigating the Climate Crisis
Check out these pictures of some of the exhibitors!