We foster environmental stewardship within Loudoun County by promoting education, cultivating collaboration, and inspiring community engagement. We serve residents of all ages, including educators, K-12 students, families and groups interested in environmental education.
We believe in an environmentally literate and equitable Loudoun County where values and community choices lead to the protection of the environment and natural resources for present and future generations. We envision easy access to meaningful environmental education experiences for all county residents.
To promote environmental stewardship through:
- Teaching awareness, appreciation and responsibility for actions
- Providing access to quality resources and services
- Collaborating as partners to empower the community to be environmental stewards
- Communicating ways in which to improve and preserve the environment
- Creating community partnerships to provide environmental outreach programs